Bertone Windows Dropped

Westcliff67

Hello Everyone

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything about this subject.

I have a 2001 Astra Bertone convertible, I have a problem that my passenger door window has dropped about 1inch and will not go all the way up.

Initially I thought the mechanism had come loose, so I stripped off the door panel and plastic for find the electric mechanism is ok and in place.

There are 2 mushroom looking screw blots on the traverse bar that can go through holes in the bottom of the door. Do these adjust the windows?

they look like they are some sort of stopping device to halt the rise of the windows, any one got any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Cliff

Hi Cliff.....welcome to the Forum

I wonder if it is to do with the window auto dropping as it is a convertible as most convertibles do this to ensure the window doesn't foul the roof when the door is opened and closed.

More than likely the door is not being sensed as being closed and the window has not raised itself to seal to the roof.

Try opening and closing the drivers door and see if the window winds up the last few centimetres and if so then there is a fault with the passenger door sensor

Hello

I've had the door card off, quite simple even thought the AutoGlass guy said it was a nightmare to remove, 6 screws and a few pop stud things. 

The mechanism seems to be in the right location doesn't look like its slipped. There are these threaded 'mushrooms' that fit into holes in the door bottom. They are on the window bottom metal. I think they may be stops but one is rusted in place the other is very loose. I will try to adjust them and see what happens

many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated

Cliff 

Hi 

I adjusted the front 'mushroom' downwards in relation to the bottom of the door. What that one seems to do is to drop the window further when opening the door. Adjusting it upwards doesn't help and I'm afraid to adjust it too much in case it comes out of its' hole.

Unfortunately I have not been able to adjust the rear 'mushroom' yet as I need to remove the door card to gain access to it and see what happens to it, - summer holidays means that I'm out and about most weekends. 

The adjustment still has not affected the window closing height. I'm thinking more and more that the window mechanism needs to be replaced.

I will update you  once I've tried the other 'mushroom'

Cliff

• 9 months later...

Hi Everyone

Just an update about the dropped window. I solved the problem, I replaced the whole door as I couldn't get the regulator our and it was cheaper too (£37.50 for full door against £35 for regulator). It urns out that the threaded mushroom stop the window in the correct place for your car, The were too low so when the window closed the glass came up too high. 5 minutes adjustment and the window closed perfectly.

I think the real problem was the regulator had been "repaired" and the repairer had used pop rivets to put bolt it all together, please correct me if I'm wrong

Kind regards

Cliff

Yes but at the cost of a complete door, however, my old door was dented by a previous spank, but it keeps the car dry now. I've posted about my roof problem, just won a new ECU for £12.60 so that will go in at the end of the week