Meriva immobilizer

Cam2019

Hi, I need some guidance regarding my problem with my 2012 meriva. 4 weeks ago my car wouldn't start, engine dead, all lights and radio working fine, immobilizer light came on, tried spare key, no luck. Called AA, the guy disconnected and reconnected, after 10 sec, the battery, car started first time. Advised me to have an immobilizer diagnostic from the Vauxhall garage. However talking to other mechanics and told is a common fault and nothing could be done. Since then as happened 2 times again, engine dead, disconnected and reconnected battery, fine again. Could someone advice me on what would be my best course of action. Thanks in advance, Cam.

Hi

This does appear to be a common problem with the engine ECU not clearing stored processes and the method used to clear this is to remove the battery leads from terminals, flash them together for about 20 seconds, wait for about two minutes and reconnect.
See if this works and if so, you may need to carry it out each time it stops starting