2010 insignia regen issues

Craigywba

Hi, looking for some advice please on my 2010 CDTi 2lt insignia. 2 weeks ago I had a brand new dpf fitted along with all the sensors, new pipes etc. Reason for having it done is because the car reached a point where the car wouldn't stop regaining. The car has covered 132k with full service history. Now since the new dpf and sensors was fitted my car is doing a regen every week. The car is being driven approx 500 miles per week, each day we drive the car at a continuous speed for aver 40 mins. The question I am asking is this regen issue doesn't appear to have been resolved, any idea what could be the issue ???

Hi....welcome to the Forum

There are several things that are necessary for a DPF to regenerate and operate efficiently.

Firstly, it needs to be driven correctly, which if you do 500 miles per week, I imagine that it is on motorways and other major A roads, in which case the average speed would be around 50 - 70 miles per hour.
This is fine for a regen and should keep the engine and exhaust system emissions clean.

Also, the correct engine oil should be used (low ash content) and also good quality fuel is good to use.
So it looks like your car is regenning as it should now

Cheers,  Trevor