Astra G fuel economy.

AndyR

Working out mileage and fuel for my road trip yesterday and it seems bloody brilliant to what I've been used to with other makes of vehicles. 

After a round trip of 239 miles, and a grand total of £20.00 in petrol. My 1.6LS twinport has returned a staggering 64.6mpg. 

Is it me, or is this amazingly wow factor. 

My previous car was a mk4 fiesta 1.25. And the mist I got from that was 38mpg. 

I am in awe of this wonderful car. 

Seriously? Ive heard good things about the twinport tbh.. And with mpg like that i might concider one for a work car,ive got a 2.2 Honda accord tourer which stuggles 42 mpg on my 200 mile a day round trip to work and back! I have a 3.0 v6 cdti signum ive got for personal use which i dont hamg about in and get 45mpg motorways and 35ish round town 

On 3/26/2019 at 7:08 PM, siggyv6cdti said:

And with mpg like that i might concider one for a work car,ive got a 2.2 Honda accord tourer which stuggles 42 mpg on my 200 mile a day round trip to work and back! 

siggyv6cdti   Wow!  where do you drive to and from to rack up 200 miles per day to travel to work?

On 3/25/2019 at 11:40 AM, AndyR said:

My 1.6LS twinport has returned a staggering 64.6mpg

I was recently running a 2.2 CR-V and it too gave me around 45 - 50 mpg (higher readings were with a tuning box) and thought that was good.

i was using an online mpg calculator. you put in how many miles, price per litre, and how much in pounds you spent. Mine was £20.00 @ 118.9 per litre and 239 miles. It came back with the calculation of 64.6 mpg.

Loving it.  And its due a service..

Never thought I'd ever be in the 60+ mpg bracket. I used to be happy with 39 mpg in my old diesel townace. 

Edited by AndyR
forgot to add service comment.

On 3/29/2019 at 1:24 PM, Vauxhall Owners Club said:

siggyv6cdti   Wow!  where do you drive to and from to rack up 200 miles per day to travel to work?

I was recently running a 2.2 CR-V and it too gave me around 45 - 50 mpg (higher readings were with a tuning box) and thought that was good.

Mate i work all over the soit decorating.. Margate to north london a lot too

My sri cdti 150 vecyra use to make 60+ mpg after a remap 

• 2 weeks later...

That is good that.. 

I took a mate from margate to Winchelsea and back tuesday, i lut in £30 in @131.9p per litre (shell standard diesel) done aprox 165 miles in total... Not sure what tnat works out at but its not great..

Drove down 2s up and the rest of the car was empty

The trip back i had front and rear seats from a vectra b sri  in Thw  back.. Nothing else but me my and my mate in the car... 

Wjat ever os going on has got worse because my last contract was chigwell which was approx 165 to 170 miles round trip depending on traffic etc on the m25 and m2.. I put £25quid in wach day foe that trip!... I knkw chigwell is all motorway and Winchelsea is a and b roads but that fact matey up top has done ll that milage woth the same engine (i knkw thw car itself is diffren)   but ive got a difference of over 100 miles 😞 however the difference between the all motorway journy and the a and b roads trip is boht right..

I always expected less mpg on a motor but after id owned a few diffrent cars over my first 2 years drive ot was thw otber way roand 🤔 im hoping it dies soon or just falls apart ecause im allowed a new work car then 😂

• 3 weeks later...