Headlamp adjustment. Astra g

AndyR

Hi all, I'm back with another question. 

I've replaced rear springs on my car, and now its sitting as it should, and not nose up. 

My headlamps are now ideal for rat spotting, {shining on the road 3 feet in front}.Not like i previously wrote, upwards.  . 

I need to do some adjusting, but I can only find one adjuster, on the top with a blue cog beside it. Is there another one, and if so which one does the up and down, and which does the left to right please. High beam is just 2 beams shining in to each other. 

Thanks in advance, pictures would help too. Looked on google, and not very helpful this time. 

Regards Andy.😐

Edited by AndyR
got my description upside down, i was half asleep when i wrote it, sorry.

Is there just the one adjuster? I can't seem to find a second. Its very hard to see behind the lamps whilst fitted due to air filter one side, and pipes and wires the other. I will be having a play tomorrow night. 

Thankyou for your insight. 😉

😏 Normally i would have thought of doing that. This time that idea didn't even enter my head.......

I will be going back outside and having another look. MOT is tomorrow morning, if I don't have much luck, I'll ask them to have a look. They're pretty good at my local garage. 

Thanks for your help. 

Well the good news is that my headlamps are fine, didn't need adjusting, they look dim because the previous owner has fitted smoked glass lamps. 

Bad news is, car failed mot. On front top McPherson strut bush. 

I only did it last summer. 😟

I'll be able to do it in my sleep. 

Just back from re-test, its a pass.

My own fault, I hadn't tightened it up properly. But all sorted now. 

Hopefully. According to the mot tester, I have a good strong car that just needs some TLC. He has given some advice on what to keep my eye out for, but it is mainly general running maintainence. 

Warmer weather will be here soon, so I can get outside and do some scratch repairs. 🙌

Z3, very nice. I've been tripping back and forth to hospital visiting daughter, so all the jobs I HAD planned, have been shelved for a week or two. Hopefully she'll be home tomorrow, then if it ever stops raining, I can get on. 

On 3/14/2019 at 10:45 AM, Vauxhall Owners Club said:

I'm sure there will be plenty of time to do all these jobs during our predicted heatwave this summer 😎

I certainly hope so. Would be nice to get the old girl back to how she should be looking. Need to find some original name badges for the boot, and the LS badges for the doors.