Help needed any suggestions welcome and appreciated

Mick Sri 150

Hi hoping for a bit of help I'm currently driving a 2007 Vectra Sri 2.2 direct at the mome my it has developed a bit of a  running issue. Starts OK revs to 3k just over clear and fine but soon as it hits 3k it pops and splutters almost like a miss fire on 1 of the cylinders if u back of the throttle and feather it gently it will rev. Kinda lost and don't have a clue what to do or where to turn. I am a mechanic by trade but haven't had much to do with these 2.2 petrol engine any help would be kindly appreciated, guess I'm kinda hoping someone have experienced this issue before... hope to hear from someone thanks for taking the time to read...

Hi Mick

Can only think it may be a fuel pressure issue - maybe replace fuel filter.

Otherwise, MAF or Turbo Vanes sticking?  -  Try disconnecting the MAF as should run better in default setting and see if that cures it.
Turbo vanes (if equipped with Variable Vane) could be sticking, run cleaner through turbo and see if any better

• 1 month later...

2.2 direct a turbo powerwd engine is it? If thet are im off to get one 😂

Have you had it plugged in tk a diagnostic? Opcom or tech2 would be the best to use. I had a 2.0t signum that use to do a similar thing, it turned out to be a breaking down wire in the injection loom. It could be one of many causing this a more than 1 item.. For the sakr of 20 to 40 quid id get it plugged in first and see what fault codes you get from it oryou could end uo chasing it round in circles wasted good money.. 

Gey it scannef and let us know the results 🙂 unless you have cured the problem then let us know what it was 🙂