New member in need of help

paulbes

Hi everyone i have recently purchased a 07 astra 1.7 cdti but the car will not start from key 

When i put key in ignition i get dash lights etc but car will not turn over not even a clicking sound the light with car and spanner is permanently on (does not flash) but if i bump start car it starts up and drives fine. a friend said it could be starter motor

I dont know if this is immobiliser or starter motor as i would of thought if it was immobiliser the car would not start at all even with a bump start.

But again if starter motor would of gone i thought it would make a clicking sound. But there is no sound at all coming from starter motor.

I would be most grateful for any help or advice as i dont want to start replacing parts which are actually ok 

Thanking you all Paul

Hi ... welcome to the Forum

I would start at the battery and work towards the starter motor, paying particular attention to the cables and connections.
Don't forget to check the earth leads as they are just as important as the power leads.

Check the terminals on the battery are tight and no corrosion.

After that then I would be looking at relays and fuses

Let us know how you get on with it all

Hi thank you for replying.

I have fixed car after testing starter motor there was power when key was turned but starter wasnt turnung over so i have replaced the starter motor and it now starts straight away.

thankyou again for your help.