astra J bluetooth module

travellinghobbit

Hi everyone just joined so this is my first post. I bought a 2014 vauxhall astra 1.6 cdti sport tourer over the weekend and couldnt get my phone to pair with the bluetooth. The car has the bluetooth buttons on the stalk and on the cd400 radio/cd player. I noticed after googling how to pair the phone to the system but when i went into the menu there wasnt a choice for bluetooth so couldnt turn it on or pair with my phone, anyway with more digging i saw on ebay there are some vauxhall astra j bluetooth modules for sale so what im wondering is if i was to purchase a module is it a case of removing the facia undoing the radio etc and plugging the module in. will the wiring be there ready for it. can anyone advise please.

Hi....welcome to the Forum

I would ask the seller if they know or could send you a photo of where it plugs in and also whether they know if it needs coding into the vehicle...which I would imagine it would do.

The alternative is to buy a bluetooth adapter that could interface with the audio...Also, look for an Aux plug as this could be another way of pairing

Let us know how you get on with it

Thankyou for the reply i have been told the wiring wont be there and i would have to progrm the radio to take the module. There is someone that can do it for 225 but fir 162 i can get a new facia and put my old kenwood double din in so i think im going down this route.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...