non vauxhall radio/cd player.

AndyR

Hi, I have just fitted an after market CD/Radio player in my mk4 astra. It is all working brilliantly except for the fact it will not hold the preset channels for the radio, and the cd goes back to track 1 every time you turn onπŸ˜’. The wiring harness with the radio had connection blocks that plugged straight into the cars loom. Someone on google suggests swapping some wires over, would this work, and which wires?Β  I can't seem to find the original google post.😞 

Any help would be much appreciated. TIA.Β πŸ“»Β πŸ˜‚

• 6 months later...

Well i finally got around to sorting out the memory on the radio today. Pays not to rush these things. And yes i just swapped the red and yellow wires around, and hey presto its holding all memory.Β 

Would have done it sooner but i needed to do more important jobs for its mot. New rear springs, adjust handbrake again, as the self adjuster had moved on one wheel and slackened itself off.Β 

But on the bright side the wife is now happy that she doesn't have to keep resetting the radio each time she uses the car.

WIN WIN....

Thanks again for all advice given in the past.Β πŸ™ŒΒ πŸ™Œ

Yeah, I'm getting there. Slowly but surely. Fitted new rear springs last week, that was an easy job surprisingly. Have had to re-attach front bumper properly, as previous owner had bashed it somehow and bent the front cross member behind bumper.Β 

Had MOT friday morning, tester reckons that i have a good solid car, and that apart from doing a little bit of routine maintenance regarding rear brake pipes, which need cleaningΒ and greasing up. Does help that he is a vauxhall man through and through. He said that he has never had to do any welding on the astra g models, he also uses them as courtesy cars.Β 

I've just got to do something with the heater now, as its not as good as it was when i first had the car.Β 

A good flush through is called for i think.Β πŸ˜πŸ˜‰Β 

That was going to be the plan this weekend, but my daughter was rushed into hospital with appendicitis, so all jobs on hold as back and forth to norwich hospital. Hopefully get back on the car next weekend once she's home.Β 

Heater is prettyΒ crap unless its been sitting idleing and the needle starts to rise on the gauge. And that only moves when its sitting still getting hot. Doesn't move from the cold whilst driving around, but when sat still for a while it starts to move up, and when you get going again, it goes back down again. Could this be the sender for the gauge? or a dodgy thermostat?Β 

On 3/10/2019 at 8:39 PM, AndyR said:

Doesn't move from the cold whilst driving around, but when sat still for a while it starts to move up, and when you get going again, it goes back down again. Could this be the sender for the gauge? or a dodgy thermostat?Β 

That would be your thermostat knackardΒ 

looking over the engine, it looks like i've got a lot of work to do thermostat. All belts, cam and alternator, air-con. Plus engine mount just to get to it.Β 

Looks like tax this coming payday, and a thermostat kit next payday, might replace cam belt as i'm already there.Β 

• 2 weeks later...

That is so true siggyv6cdti. I intend over the year to do quite a few jobs that are age related, i.e front wishbones, rear shocks, and possibly an exhaust system. Although the exhaust is not as essential as the rest of the list.Β  I've also got to stretch the front bumper cross member back to its original position, as previous owner gave something a bit of a firm nudge.Β Β