temperature gauge not working ish??

AndyR

Hi, my temperature gauge is not working like it should.

On an average day, it doesn't move, even when at running temp. But, when you've bee sitting in traffic for a while, it starts to move up to the normal position. What could be causing this? and is it an easy fix?

Thanks in advance Andy. 

I don't believe it is an issue for the needle to move up to 'normal' position especially as the weather is getting warmer but obviously as long as it doesn't exceed normal and it drops once the thermostat opens.

Just keep an eye on it and see how it goes....also listen out for the fan operating and if you can't hear running when the temperature climbs up then you may have an issue there.

Haven't heard electric fan kick in when I've been in traffic. Thinking about giving it a live feed to see if it works. I have noticed that the outside temp gauge is missing, just 2 wires hanging behind front bumper. Could this have any effect on the temp gauge? 

I think if the sensor is missing then it could have been an issue with the past or someone has stolen it (which is more likely).

I would replace it and also check any fuses for a live feed to the fans, otherwise keep digging until you find the cause as you will more than likely need them running soon with the summer coming up

I will be getting a new sensor, and I will be getting the electric fan working. Have just replaced the top front suspension bushes , which has silenced the knocking which was there when i bought it.

• 11 months later...