rallyelwood with a 1962 Vauxhall Victor Estate

rallyelwood

Hallo all.

I have recently bought a 1962 Vauxhall Victor Estate. The first thing I did was to road trip it home about 600 km in winter weather. I'm no stranger to old cars, many years back me and my brother rescued a 1958 Ford 101E Anglia from 12 years of neglect. In my "stable" I have now the Vauxhall and a 1984 Saab 99 with T16-engine (see http://hoftware.com) and I'm building a super 7 replica together with my brother.

The plans for the Vauxhall is to use it as a daily, experiencing the classic car life and do a rolling restoration with a touch of mechanical restomod. Right now though, I have to replace the generator (an alternator is going in) because it broke during the trip home (many batteries were used), and I will try to winter proof it better. The door seals are perished so the modest heat that the heater manages to produce quickly escapes. Extra thick clothes and a blanket over the legs are necessary at the moment.

Br.
Henning, Sweden

20171203_143916.jpg

Hi rallyelwood ..... welcome to the forum

Thanks for posting the photo of the Victor, it looks superb and what a great car to restore and drive.

My Dad had one years ago and I have fond memories of that car.

Does it have the column gear shift?

Keep us updated with the progress as am genuinely interested in seeing the older Vauxhalls being kept alive

Good to have you onboard

Cheers,  Trevor