PLEASE HELP !!!!

benny147

hi guys just wondering if anybody can help me. i have a 2008 vauxhall corsa 1.3 CDTi ecoflex and it has a very annoying issue. whilst driving the car it will all of a sudden develop a fault, the power steering will stop working and steering will become stiff and also the clocks on the dash board will all stop functioning and all the warning lights will come on. the car will carry on to drive though it does not stop the car running or anything. i thought that the problem was with the alternator but i have had that changed for a brand new one and it is still doing it so it is not the alternator. 

i was thinking that maybe it could be the ABS speed sensors causing the issue and i base this on the fact that when the fault with the clocks and steering stops and life is returned to the dash board the ABS warning light stays on until the car is shut off and re-started. 

any advice or help with what the problem might be will be greatly appreciated because it is driving me mad now.

thanks guys 

also as well guys can i add that when the fault is happening and all the clocks are dead but the car is still driving, when you brake firmly the clocks will kick back into life whilst braking but when the brake is released the fault will return.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...