Warning light

Alan D

Evening all, I have a 2004 Zafira 2.0dti 117k on the clock... it drives smooth as you could imagine and sounds how a diesel should, however, if you sit at a steady speed on the motorway, and get to an uphill climb, the car with a spanner on it appears and all power drops... the light stays on for probably not even 5 seconds then goes back out.... once it's out all power is restored and you can sit back at 70 untillis does it again....  also on cold start up it has quite fumy white smoke for a while, to me I'm thinking injectors but does anyone else have any input or experienced the same and solved it any way?? 

Hi...welcome to the Forum

I would probably check the fault codes that would be stored in the ECU as the first course of action.

Possible causes could be the Turbo variable vanes are clogged up and not moving freely, therefore flagging a code when on boost....common on VW / Audi.

Other possibilities are the EGR, Injectors, etc but I would definitely pull up the codes first. If it is any of these faults, you can use cleaning solutions to sort it at very little cost.

Cheers  Trevor